blender and cycles engine
Stari Karp
2016-07-30 23:42:07 UTC
Hi!

The new Blender 2.77a is in the ports which has many improvement
related to the Cycles engine but  on my system FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE
(amd64) is still not possible to run Blender with Cycles option on. It
build but Blender doesn't start:
blender
Assertion failed: (findOption(Name) == Values.size() && "Option already
exists!"), function addLiteralOption, file
/construction/xports/devel/llvm37/work/llvm-
3.7.1.src/include/llvm/Support/CommandLine.h, line 698.
Abort (core dumped)

This problem exist very long time and my question is if someone knows
how is the future of Blender wit Cycles engine on.
Thank you.

SK

BTW: I have FreeBSD installed on iMac and on OSX Blender works without
problem.
Marcus von Appen
2016-07-31 08:22:44 UTC
Post by Stari Karp
Hi!
The new Blender 2.77a is in the ports which has many improvement
related to the Cycles engine but  on my system FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE
(amd64) is still not possible to run Blender with Cycles option on. It
blender
Assertion failed: (findOption(Name) == Values.size() && "Option already
exists!"), function addLiteralOption, file
/construction/xports/devel/llvm37/work/llvm-
3.7.1.src/include/llvm/Support/CommandLine.h, line 698.
Abort (core dumped)
Do you have the CYCLESOSL option enabled? If so, can you disable that
option and check, if the problem still occurs?

Cheers
Marcus
Stari Karp
2016-07-31 09:48:02 UTC
Post by Marcus von Appen
Post by Stari Karp
Hi!
The new Blender 2.77a is in the ports which has many improvement
related to the Cycles engine but  on my system FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE
(amd64) is still not possible to run Blender with Cycles option on.
It
blender
Assertion failed: (findOption(Name) == Values.size() && "Option
already
exists!"), function addLiteralOption, file
/construction/xports/devel/llvm37/work/llvm-
3.7.1.src/include/llvm/Support/CommandLine.h, line 698.
Abort (core dumped)
Do you have the CYCLESOSL option enabled? If so, can you disable that
option and check, if the problem still occurs?
Cheers
Marcus
I did try and it started but there are no cycles engine:

blender
addon not found: 'cycles'
Walter Schwarzenfeld
2016-07-31 10:02:17 UTC
It is a strange phenomen. Someone in the freebsd forum reported he could
compile blender on amd64 but not on OSX with cycles on.
For me, I could compile and start blender with all options on without
problems (10.3amd64).
It seems not logical.
Stari Karp
2016-07-31 10:34:36 UTC
Post by Walter Schwarzenfeld
It is a strange phenomen. Someone in the freebsd forum reported he
could
compile blender on amd64 but not on    OSX with cycles on.
For me, I could compile and start blender with all options on
without
problems (10.3amd64).
It seems not logical.
rg"
I compile on FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE (amd64) and on 10.2 too but it
doesn't run. I had a binary file from blender.org for FreeBSD which had
all options on and it works without problem on my system and on OS X
works the same.
Shane Ambler
2016-08-02 01:49:43 UTC
Post by Stari Karp
Hi!
The new Blender 2.77a is in the ports which has many improvement
related to the Cycles engine but  on my system FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE
(amd64) is still not possible to run Blender with Cycles option on. It
blender
Assertion failed: (findOption(Name) == Values.size() && "Option already
exists!"), function addLiteralOption, file
/construction/xports/devel/llvm37/work/llvm-
3.7.1.src/include/llvm/Support/CommandLine.h, line 698.
Abort (core dumped)
What do you have installed that uses llvm37?

When blender is built using CYCLESOSL it uses llvm34 which could be the
reason for the conflict.

If you are building with CYCLES and not CYCLESOSL then it shouldn't
need llvm34 but you may have two ports that blender depends on that
have been built using different llvm versions.

What ports are listed with -
pkg info -rx 'llvm3[47]'
--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler
Stari Karp
2016-08-02 21:17:08 UTC
Post by Shane Ambler
[...]