Ruby portupgrade but not a segfault, asks for non existant db40
Alex
2005-03-23 06:08:23 UTC
I have attempted to update my INDEX.db file using the usual command:

/usr/local/sbin/portsdb -Uu

This has worked for me all the time until tonite, when I tried the
command tonite i got an error that said ruby required db40, but when i
looked a bit further i noticed that there is no such directory like
that. There is db4 and db41. Why all of a sudden is it asking me for
this dependency when it clearly does not exist and never did. I
searched the listing in google to verify.

I also am sourcing the complete ports directory using CVSup prior to
running the portupgrade command so I am not missing any of the ports
tree.

Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait..ruby18-bdb40-0.5.3: "/usr/ports/databases/db40" non-existent --
dependency list incomplete
===> databases/ruby-bdb failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

and here is an output from my ports/database directory as you can see
that file never existed

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Mar 3 10:32 db
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Mar 3 10:32 db2
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Mar 3 18:36 db3
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Mar 3 18:36 db4
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Mar 3 18:36 db41
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 Mar 3 10:32 db41-nocrypto
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Mar 3 18:36 db42
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 Mar 3 10:32 db42-nocrypto
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Mar 3 18:36 db43

Regards,

Alex
Michael Nottebrock
2005-03-23 08:47:42 UTC
--nextPart5701450.mUXHGlO6xc
Post by Alex
/usr/local/sbin/portsdb -Uu
This has worked for me all the time until tonite, when I tried the
command tonite i got an error that said ruby required db40, but when i
looked a bit further i noticed that there is no such directory like
that. There is db4 and db41. Why all of a sudden is it asking me for
this dependency when it clearly does not exist and never did. I
searched the listing in google to verify.
Do you have WITH_BDB_VER=3D40 set in make.conf perhaps?

=2D-=20
,_, | Michael Nottebrock | ***@freebsd.org
(/^ ^\) | FreeBSD - The Power to Serve | http://www.freebsd.org
\u/ | K Desktop Environment on FreeBSD | http://freebsd.kde.org

alex
2005-03-23 09:07:34 UTC
You know what I did, now I do remember adding that when I installed
MySQL. I guess my next question would be how can I get portupgrade to
work with that in my make.conf? Would installing DB4 correct the
problem, and if so why does ruby ask for the specific directory db40
and not db4?
Post by Alex
/usr/local/sbin/portsdb -Uu
This has worked for me all the time until tonite, when I tried the
command tonite i got an error that said ruby required db40, but when i
looked a bit further i noticed that there is no such directory like
that. There is db4 and db41. Why all of a sudden is it asking me for
this dependency when it clearly does not exist and never did. I
searched the listing in google to verify.
Do you have WITH_BDB_VER=40 set in make.conf perhaps?
Michael Nottebrock
2005-03-23 09:26:56 UTC
--nextPart5558953.jtaOCXfOzQ
Post by alex
You know what I did, now I do remember adding that when I installed
MySQL.
Why? The MySQL ports don't need berkeley db. Perhaps you actually want=20
WANT_MYSQL_VER=3D40?

alex
2005-03-23 09:32:51 UTC
I had added this to my make.conf when I was trying to get a PHP server
running, i actually got it working but not using it anymore but when I
was getting it to work, i read somewhere that to use MySQL, PERL, and
PHP that needed to be added to the make.conf, now you are right, i dont
have BDB installed so i dont know why I added it. You think that if I
removed it, ruby would fail?
Post by Michael Nottebrock
Post by alex
You know what I did, now I do remember adding that when I installed
MySQL.
Why? The MySQL ports don't need berkeley db. Perhaps you actually want
WANT_MYSQL_VER=40?
Michael Nottebrock
2005-03-23 09:58:44 UTC
--nextPart1255699.CxBdrVvreU
Post by alex
I had added this to my make.conf when I was trying to get a PHP server
running, i actually got it working but not using it anymore but when I
was getting it to work, i read somewhere that to use MySQL, PERL, and
PHP that needed to be added to the make.conf, now you are right, i dont
have BDB installed so i dont know why I added it. You think that if I
removed it, ruby would fail?
It's probably safest to just change the entry to WITH_BDB_VER=3D4. However,=
if=20
pkg_deinstall ruby18-bdb40 does not complain about ports depending on it,=20
nothing should be missing it and you can nuke WITH_BDB_VER from make.conf=20
completely.